Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Friday, September 14, 2012

Ideas...SQUASHED!

For the last two days Natalie has begged me to be Repunzel for Halloween. After MONTHS of me trying to figure out how to make my little girl's dreams come true with a fantastic "super thunderstorm" costume that she wanted so badly...I feel sad. I know kids are chronic mind changers, but I feel more crushed that our whole weather family thing isn't going to happen. Why do I have to say yes to her new idea??? I know...I KNOW....cause I HAVE to. :( I sometimes find the whole princess thing a little on the boring side. Sorry my girls, it's just on the days when you want to be a rock star or an "animal doctor" or even a pirate, it thrills me a little more. :) But what can I say, I think I at least have one princess and there's absolutely nothing I can do to change her, nor would I want to. I tell them both every day to just be who they are. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks. Staying true to yourself is the most important accessory. I think it took me 35 years to figure that one out. Hopefully I can encourage them and get them to that place a little sooner. :) Football season is in full swing. Hayden loves saying "BOOMER SOONER!" and says "football!" when she sees a game on. It's really cute and surprised at how much she soaks up. (good and bad..haha) Natalie is really loving school. Yesterday she went on and on about how fun it was. That's my favorite time of the day, picking her up and hearing all about it. :) She's learning names and comes home with a "new friend's" name almost every school day. So excited for Fall! Today it's raining and it's going to continue off and on for a couple more days. It's movie day and we are watching Tangled. :) Love you girls, lets have a great day!!

No comments: