Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

School Germs and My Toddler, the Dictator

Needless to say, I'm having a fantastic week. OY VAY. Seriously, this is why I hate Natalie going to school. Well ok, so I hate not being in control of her situation for 4 hours, twice a week, but really I'm getting used to it. BUT I just hate hate hate hearing children sound like they are coughing up a lung when I drop her off. :| I just want to cover her mouth and pick her up and RUN out the door. I've always heard the horror stories of stomach flu, regular cold flu, etc being spread through the snotty hugs and slobbery sharing that is...school. One other thing I hate is when people ask, "does she have a fever?" First the husband asks me, then says "it sucks we can't get a refund." That really irritates me. Then I call the school to tell them she isn't coming in because she is sick. This woman then asks, "oh, does she have a fever?" REALLY?? REALLY??? You need to ask? Like I'm lying? It could be that they just want to know in case others start getting sick. I simply just said, "she is a little warm, but her head is hurting and she's coughing and sneezing and she won't be in." But I'm STILL mad. I absolutely HATE being questioned. I grew up being asked if I was sure all the time. I AM sure and I no longer want to live under this "questionable umbrella" because it stopped me from doing so many things in my life. It seems kind of a stretch to move from a sick kid, to my emotional road blocks, but it just stirs it up inside of me. One thing I want you girls to know is that I'm not going to question you when there is something in your life that you are passionate about. I'm not going to make you feel like you should be doubting yourself. It's an awful, unaccomplished, lonely feeling. I want you to be strong, independent and bad ass women. It took me 30+ years to figure out exactly who I am and what I need to do in life. I should've had that foundation, that confidence a long, long time ago. BUT at least I have it now and I know that it was ME that got me here. Now, onto the "Dictator." Hayden, I love you. I really, truly love you. There is not "but." I just think it's funny that you are trying SO hard to become the queen of the house. Oh, hunny bunny...that just AIN'T gonna happen. :) I'm sure you are reading this thinking otherwise or maybe laughing. You are knocking on the door of 19 months, and you try your best to ignore what I say and do as you please until time out is involved. Usually I can tell you that you are not being nice to mommy and that you need to sweet. I get a little hug and a head on the shoulder and a "luh youuuu" YES...you are saying "luh youuuu" now. Last night you were CA-razy, and at around 8:15 (just before your bed time) you came to mommy and said, "Nap, mommy....nap." I said, "oh? you want to go take your nap? you want to go seep?" You said, "uh-huuuuuh" So that was pretty cool. Never have I heard a child say they want to go to sleep. :) You definitely are very decisive and know exactly what you want, when you want it. That is also a bad thing, some times. :) We need to work on your patience a little bit. If mommy has to work on it then so do you. We just decorated for Halloween!! Yippee!! :) Mommy's fave time of year. I was feeling a little confuse with decor this year, because of all my redecorating. Our house has a lot more color and personality so I had to be more subtle and creative with the halloween colors. It is coming along. :) Only bad thing is Natalie thought it was time to go trick-or-treating and I had to tell her it's still a few weeks away. :( Ok, gotta go take care of my little monkey-monks. Hayden is starting to sneeze now....aaaaaaaaand, here we go. :( XO!! Mom

No comments: