Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Thursday, June 5, 2008

A wish for Natalie....

I have been thinking a lot about my "wish" for my little girl....and I wanted to share the story with all of you.

Almost a year ago (June 29th-July 4th, 2007) I went on a vacation with Eric and Mom and Dad to Santa Fe, NM. In the heart of downtown there is a chapel named Loretto. It's the famous chapel with the "floating" winding staircase. It's a beautiful little place. They had (like most catholic churches/chapels) an alter where you could light candles and pray for a miracle. Something came over me and I went up there and lit a candle and asked God to give me what I wanted most. I promised to try to be the best mom I could be....I just needed help making this dream a reality. I cried there for a little while....and I truly believed that I would be blessed. A few months later (in early November) is when I found out my dream was going to come true. I don't know what I did to deserve a chance at motherhood.....but someone up there believes in me and knows how wonderful my husband is and what a good dad he will be.
It would be so awesome if Natalie was born one year to the day of when I lit that candle and prayed so hard for my little miracle.
When you read this, Natalie, I hope you know just how much your dad and I wanted you and how much we love you, even from the beginning, when you were just a wish.

This was a bit emotional for me to write, but I felt like it would be nice to have this story here.

~Lori

1 comment:

Claudia Rdz said...

Hola Guera:
Thanx for sharing this with me, You look just adorable pregnant. I will keep you and Natalie in my prayers. I'm sure all will go well. He ( the almighty) obviously believes in you since he "smiled" down @ you by giving you the miracle of Natalie. Take care and keep me posted.
~Claudia Rdz.