Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Happy 1-month birthday, Natalie!

Yep, today is Natalie's 1-month birthday. She was born 4 weeks ago today!
Happy, happy little Punky! We spent a lot of quality time together today. We did play time and belly time and you are starting to really pull your head up and turn over on your side! I took you into our bathroom today to wash off your pacifier and you saw me in full sunlight....your eyes got really big and we started smiling and giggling at each other...it was SO amazing...I know for a fact that it was NOT gas!! :) I could've stood there all day. Of course it totally made me cry to see you look at me like that and see this dimple that appears on your right cheek when you smile really big. You are going to break some hearts for sure!!

We had a rough evening yesterday with you eating too much, apparently, and projecting puke everywhere...I had to change both of us twice! :( Speaking of projectile puke....:) last week I was coming down the stairs with you and right when we got to the bottom step you burped (after a period of hiccupps) and out flew milk! The dogs scattered and out of pure instinct I stuck out my hand and caught it all!! :) I am now officially a mother! What a reaction without even thinking of it. :) You didn't have a drop on you. We make quite a team.

I'm so tired lately...like the lack of sleep is getting to me. But I am trying to deal with it the best I can. You are worth all the non-sleeping nights I have had and will have ahead of me! I love you, punky girl....and seeing you smile at me today makes everything worth it. I don't even remember the pressure and pain of labor.....just the joy of seeing you and holding you for the first time. We've been together (on the "outside") for a month now....and I can't wait for all the months to come. You are a gift, my angel....and I thank God every day for bringing you into my life. I knew my life felt complete when I married your Daddy....but now it truly feels complete with both of you in my world.
hugs and kisses,
mom

No comments: