Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Friday, August 1, 2008

Do you see me, Punky?

Twice yesterday I saw your ginormous eyes get wide when you saw me, like you actually are starting to focus on my face and recognize me. :) That is the greatest feeling in the world....and I will never forget that moment as long as I live! You also opened your eyes during a nap when Daddy came home and gave you a kiss....it was such a look of surprise and was so sweet :) You are such a wonderful little girl and we enjoy watching you grow....even though I would rather you stay little and sweet for my own selfishness.....but I can't wait to see every stage of your life.
Are the nicknames confusing you yet? :)
Daddy and I can't help it that we are a family of silly names. He hasn't come up with any for you yet, but I'm sure they will come. I have about 15 so far :) Punky (short for Punkin' is my fave right now).

We've passed 3 weeks!! Our little girl is growing and changing every day. She's learning to hold her head up on her own and is working her arms and legs. She likes to stare at lamps, lights, and sunlight that dances into the house and reflects on the walls. Nothing beats the wonderment in a child's eyes when they begin to discover the world around them. I stare at her so much and I miss her when she's sleeping. She is starting to get used to days and nights....but has little relapses once in a while when she wants to be held and wants to "snack" at 3am then at 4:30am....so we're learning. She actually sleeps really well and will self-sooth herself. I think she's a genuinely happy babyand somewhat independent....she will definitely be a mover and a shaker when she starts to crawl. :) She already attempts it during belly time.

I have my postpartum appt. a week from this Tuesday so I'm anxious to get the all clear to get back to normal! My elliptical and pilates routine are calling me! So ready to lose the baby weight! can't wait to do "baby and me" exercises so I can teach my little one that exercise is important in our lives....even though I was too exhausted to do much of it when I was pregnant. Next time I'm going to try harder to stay in better shape....at least I have this experience under my belt!

I love you, my little Punky!! :)

Ta ta for now!
Lori

No comments: