Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Happy 5 month birthday!

I woke up today at 3:30am to you squirming and trying to tell me that you were hungry. I made you wait, just thinking that maybe you would fall back asleep, but no dice. You kept going and I finally got up to go feed you. You were so happy to see me, even that early in the morning. :) Too hard to be mad at you. After you finished your bottle I put you back to bed and tried to go back to sleep myself. All I did was watch you on the monitor. You flipped over on your belly then pushed yourself up (in the Yoga cobra position----will explain to you latere :) then you proceeded to flip over on your back as if you had been doing that for years. Now I know I was meant to lose some sleep so I could watch my baby girl make her next move. I sat there watching you thinking...."how is it possible that THAT is the tiny baby who I gave birth to 5 months ago?" Seems like time was going nice and slow for me for a while, but now it seems to be going at lightening speed and I can't slow it down. I enjoy all our moments together and the older you get the more fun you get. I love watching you grow, but I can't help but be a little sad that you aren't that little 6lb baby I brought home 5 months ago today. My favorite onesie that you wear (spagetti strapped, red and white striped with a blue partridge decal sewn onto it) no longer fits and that really hit me hard yesterday. :( You are the most special thing (next to your dad) to come into my life and I just want to savor every second.
You are whining in your discovery play center right now, so I better go get you out of there before you get really mad! :) Our family christmas cards are ready and daddy is going to pick them up today and I canNOT wait to see them! You did so good during your "photo shoot" last night. :) You are a natural and hope you continue to love the camera!! :)
I love, love, love you.....always and forever.
XO,
Mom

No comments: