Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Vent, vent, vent....

It's hard enough being a parent...having to discipline your kids when they are acting up...when you think you know what's best because you are with them everyday, experiencing all that they do...then someone with all good intentions, I'm sure, has to step in and "help you out" without you wanting or even needing that help. I feel as though my parenting toes are being stepped on, and being treated as though I don't exist. I believe that it confuses my child when they hear one thing from me and another from someone else. It almost takes the respect that my child has for me away because she sees me being spoken over by someone else's point of view. I don't like this.
I don't think some people actually realize what they are doing to me mentally. All my life I've had doubt put in my head about all kinds of things and I just am not going to allow that anymore. I don't think anyone should step in and try to "help" the situation, when they only make things worse. I'm sick of getting all caught up in the craziness....sick of letting it effect me because then it effects my surroundings and the people I love.
My child is happy, tells me every day that she loves me, and well...that's all that matters to me.

No comments: