Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Mommy did it!

13 Months ago I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl and simultaneously began a struggle. I had worked very hard, prior to getting pregnant, to lose the baby weight that I packed on with my first, and eventually lost it all plus some. I was so proud of myself and I have to admit, I was scared of the reenactment with baby #2! I did much better with weight gain in the second pregnancy, and lost half of it in the first two weeks after giving birth (grant it, Hayden was half of that half :) I sat and sat and sat at that number/size for what seemed like DECADES...but isn't "months" just as bad?? I tried boot camps, got back into running, tried diet plans...once or twice...other workout programs, and nothing seemed to work. I eventually started seeing slow movement...but nothing to be proud of. Finally, after Hayden turned one, my husband and I decided to do something together...which I believe, was my key. Not that I need a partner to lose weight successfully, but it's really helped to be able to discuss things with him and get his feedback since we are doing the exact same thing. It's nice to cook a dinner for both of us (not cook two separate ones) and it's just nice to know that we are in it together, showing our support to one another. I dunno if it's the new lifestyle or if it's the comforting thoughts of having a partner...or BOTH...but it's TOTALLY WORKING! :) It's been 6 1/2 weeks and although I haven't lost an obscene amount of weight, I've lost quite a few inches which has put me back in my pre-preggo clothes!! That's all I've wanted during these 13 months and I finally got there. It's kinda crazy thinking of all the times I cried and struggled, and struggled and cried. It sucked...to say the least, and I have a new found respect for hard work and determination. I'm not done yet, but I've accomplished my big goal and now it's on to my new ones! :) I hear you, Natalie, while I'm on the treadmill working hard to keep going, "go mama go! you can do it mom!!" That means so much to me. I am happy to include you and Hayden in our new lifestyle and how much you are enjoying new recipes and foods. We make our treat day "Special Saturday" and it makes it fun for all of us. I want you guys to understand that eating for health and exercising is very important for balancing life. I love you both so much for going with the flow and enjoying it all. :) I love you!!! XO, Mom

No comments: