Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Too many days are passing between posts lately. :( I feel as though I'm becoming increasingly more busy. Gee...I wonder why that is??? ;) I have discovered Pinterest (after I've heard so many good things about it from a few people)...it's my escape. Even though I don't really have that much time for it, it's still fun when I can "pin." :) I'm hoping to find some good ideas for projects for the girls. I think I've blogged about it before, but it's really hard to find something that they can do together. I have one advanced child and one that still wants to eat and/or throw everything. oy. SO, I hope that there is something out there that can be modified for any age? :/ I'm so frustrated these days because Natalie's "sharing" has taken a wrong turn...yet again. The hoarding, the blocking, the violent tearing away from her sister's hand. OMG...it's too much sometimes!! I know full well that kids are kids, this is how they learn...and that it all has to get better eventually....but O...M...G. No amount of time-outs makes her understand that what she is doing is MEAN. And then there is Hayden...who is so willing to share even though it is not reciprocated. It's a weird dynamic that I just don't understand. One of her very independent things is being able to adapt to her surroundings. She will push her sister out of the way if Natalie is purposely blocking her...she has NO fear. She grunts and swats! It's hilarious. I also notice more and more that kids don't want to play with the "baby"...they are drawn to the older kids (which is exactly how Natalie was/is). Hayden is usually left in the dust, but she just gives them a face, turns around and finds a toy that she is interested in. It's pretty cool to see her personality is a "screw you" type. :) haha....I was great at playing by myself, as sad as that sounds, but as the baby I had to find my own entertainment. :) Natalie is trying to phase out her naps, which is not happening on my watch...not yet anyway. :) She gets up to use the bathroom like 40 times because that's the only excuse she has for doing so. I'm mostly afraid of her waking up her sister whom shares a wall with the bathroom. I dunno what to do. If I get mad she might pee her bed. I want her to understand that it's quiet time, she needs her rest, and only get up if it's an emergency. No matter how many different times I explain it, she still feels the "emergency" and gets up. (sigh) I guess those narcoleptic tendencies are disappearing. :( Daddy and I had our anniversary dinner on Saturday night. It was so awesome to go 30 minutes away and have a nice meal, wine, and stroll without all the "baggage" that is you. :) haha...That is not a "bad" term is it? :) You know that we love you so, but mommy and daddy need to recharge sometimes, and considering that we hadn't had a "date" in several months, it was time. It is important for us to be happy together, so we are happy for you. :) Things get stressful sometimes, but there are SO many fantastic moments too. :) Hayden, you are saying so many words now like ball, mama, dada, cup, milk (bilk), HIIIIII, buh-bye, dah-dah (dora), and you sing the "back pack song." You love Dora mostly, which is a step up cause you are never interested in TV...just books. Once in a while you get interested, but mostly not. You also like to groove to the ABC song. You canNOT hear it enough! Natalie, you are saying more words too. Like today when Hayden was crying, "Mommy, I don't think Hayden is being a good sport." HUH? haha...so funny. My favorite time of day is bedtime. Not cause you guys are going down for the night, but because it's our individual time. I love when I read books to you, Hayden, and you are so interested and involved. You love Itsy bitsy spider, and giggle every time the "spider" gets you. ;) When I shut the lights off and sing to you some more, you hug me and put your head on my shoulder and reach over for a kiss about 5 different times. It's such a fantastic, heart melting thing to experience at the end of the day. Natalie, you love books and I know you wish I could read 15 a night. It's your "hyper time" so you always need a few minutes to calm down. I think we might need new books, cause too much of the time you memorize them and read them with me. :) You always need about 6 kisses before I leave the room "oh, just ONE more, mommy" :) I surely don't mind that at all! Every time I leave your room, I think about you as a baby and how I can't believe I've been blowing you a kiss at the door, for almost 4 years. It's so unbelievable. No matter how much stress there is in a day, no matter what kind of crap is going on in my head, striving for perfection, your little arms wrapping around my neck is the best feeling....ever. To feel so loved by two little beating hearts is the best medicine to an ailing brain. :) I love you both to the moon and back, times 8. :) XO, Mom

No comments: