Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Monday, April 23, 2012

What a weekend!!

We went on a road trip to Dallas this weekend. I'm sure I've mentioned before that Hayden isn't a "great" traveler. :( This weekend was no exception. She had a slight fever the night before we left, and had been very crabby. I discovered when brushing her teeth that she was getting the #5 AND #6 tooth at the same time! After all this waiting, she finally broke them through! It made her very tired, and grumpy for three days though. I hated waking her up on the morning of the drive. She was so tired and luckily she did ok during that drive. One thing I was worried about was that she hadn't had a real meal in days because of the descending teeth. She seemed bothered by most everything I tried to feed her. Normally she is not very picky at all....she just likes change. Nothing worse than not being able to fix your child's "owy." :( Part of the trip to Dallas was to look around the area and we actually found some pretty cool stuff. :)
As it got closer to the evening time, we headed over to my hubby's cousin's house for some rest and dinner and so the girls could stretch their legs. Natalie loves playing with their daughters so it was a win win situation. :) I was exhausted by that time and felt like a zombie. That feeling would only intensify. :( Natalie was too scared to sleep on the cute princess blow up bed they prepared for her, so she had to sleep with daddy and mommy. The bed is comfy, but definitely not big enough for two adults and a 3 year old who likes to "swim" as she sleeps. :( She woke up a lot and would talk out loud, or flip flop like a dolphin (what's with all the aquatic references? :) Anyway, I got to sleep a little, but not much. Hayden was kinda restless too. Her pack-n-play bed is on it's last leg. It was hard to put up AND take down. The mat wouldn't straighten out either! UGH. After a lot of use from Natalie's infancy years and now Hayden's...I think it's time to retire. After breakfast and some play time it was time to get back into the car, and then all hell broke loose. Natalie was sad sad sad to leave so she was a grump and Hayden did NOT want to be in that car seat....AGAIN. We got about 30 miles away from our lunch stop and Hayden was BALLING and throwing down a tantrum unlike all others. I've never heard such screams from her. Anyway, to say the least she was most happy when we finally got home. I should've put her down for a nap but both of them slept for about 40 minutes after lunch, and I didn't think they would sleep. BIG MISTAKE. After a while of playing Hayden was DONE. 2 HOURS before normal bed time. GEEZ. Hubs went to dinner with a couple of friends -one of which he hadn't seen in a long time- (we were supposed to go too, but no way the girls would be ok with more activity and car time, so I opted out). I was at my wit's end and I didn't want to put her down at 6:45 because she would've likely woken up at 4am! I decided to just ride out the storm and do my best to have fun with them and make Hayden forget her worries. She fell asleep for about 10 minutes in her little boppy chair, and then she wanted to cuddle me and then we had a little dancing party and played soccer throughout the house.
She was having a ball, and so was Natalie. :) Hayden can kick!! She was kicking and controlling her ball all around the house. It was so cute how proud she was of herself. Daddy got home just in time for bath time, so I was glad to have his help. :) While I was holding Hayden in her room, singing to her and getting ready to put her down, she hugged my neck so tight and gave me a few kisses. It was like she was saying "sorry mommy, I love you." That's what I got from allllll the craziness that those 36+hours entailed. She was glad I didn't freak out on her or give up on her. She was happy that I held it together, even though I have private moments of "what the HELL am I going to do????" I did the positive energy thing and it took the edge off of Hayden's discomfort and my own. We all slept good last night, and that, my friends....is all that matters to me right now. :) I truly adore every moment I spend with you my little lovelies. No matter how ugly things get, there isn't anything I love more than being your mommy. Just remember that when things get crazy, mommy is stressed because all she wants to do is fix what's wrong. I love you for your "magic," Natalie, for your imagination, dancing like nobody's watching, and your love of animals and nature. I love you for your inquisitiveness, Hayden, the way you check things out to see how it's going to work, for your love of music, and for your unique combination of impatience and calming force. You are both so amazing in all that you do and how you love. I also fully believe you will both be lawyers, because you both try to talk your way out of things, ALL the time. I can't understand you yet, Hayden, but you always show it to me in your facial expressions and puckered lip baby talk. I got you... ;)
I love you to Jupiter and back. :) XO Mom

No comments: