Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hayden knows too much...it's scary.

My baby is 14 months old and she already understands so much! I can't even count how many words she knows and says. They aren't perfect pronunciation, but she definitely spits out at least the first syllable. What is so amazing to me is that she attempts anything you ask of her. She's almost like a parrot. :) It's good to be able to communicate with her because as parents know, when you have a baby there is nothing more frustrating than not knowing what's going on with them. All you can attempt to do is figure out their different cries, which is like learning a different language...at high speed. Hayden just started nodding her head "yes." That's cool to me because for a while everything was a "no" as far as her head shaking went, and she would get mad when what she really meant was "YES." pff....haha. :) One of my other favorite "tricks" Hayden does is help Mama out. :) She takes the juice or milk cup to sister, or delivers something to Daddy. It's so cute. She's so proud of herself. :) She is also so polite and says "thank" when she gets her food, juice, milk, or a kiss. :) SO adorable. Natalie is a great help most of the time. She wants to learn to cook and bake. The other day she asked if she could babysit her sister. :) I told her not yet, but that she could help me with diaper changing. She brought her little princess stool over and helped. :) However, she didn't want to assist when Hayden had a "stinker," as she calls it. :) Do you really blame her? Natalie is so grown up, I have to remind myself every day that she is 3. I can't believe how well she speaks and carries herself. She's still a silly willy, but definitely in a more mature way. ;) So Mother's Day is right around the corner. I remember last year (when I still had all my hair :), and how awesome it felt to have two little gifts in my life. I can't believe how far we've come and how much we've all grown. Even though I feel like I "shrink" a little some days/weeks, I still feel like you girls bring out the best parts of me. I know that being a mom the stress can get to me, but at the end of the day I'm always thankful for the love that you give to me. Bed time is still my favorite time of day because of the individual time I can spend with you girls. Natalie, I love how you need to have about 5 kisses and a hug when I tuck you in. You always insist on us blowing a kiss to each other as I walk out the door. I started it and you help keep it going. Hayden, you put your tiny little arm around my neck and want to snuggle before I put you down. You always pull me in closer which is just the sweetest thing. It's almost like you are saying "tighter mama, tighter." My heart melts into a puddle every night. You also know when you are ready to lay down. I get a few kisses then you reach for your bed. :) You are both such great sleepers and I wish that for you for the rest of your lives! Thanks, my lovelies, for making a woman who feels inadequate too much of the time, feel like a very special person more of the time. :) I LOVE YOU!!! XO Mom

No comments: