Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Calendar of Events

Soooo, recently I've been thinking about creating a white board calendar of "to dos" for the girls, well mostly Natalie since Hayden doesn't really get stuff like that ...yet. :) I also thought, what a great way to incorporate a "reward board" at the same time. Natalie does something nice, or good, like sharing or trying hard with no whining, she gets a star for the day. She can collect several stars or get them taken away. You don't like that part, Nat, so I'm hoping you learn a little bit about cause and effect in the process. If she gets 7 or more by the end of the week she gets a special treat! She's already loving it and we're on day 2. On the calendar I write two to three things we are going to do each day or try for the first time. I love that it gives Natalie stuff to look forward to and it is teaching her the days of the week in the process. She wanted to check the "agenda" last night to see what fun things she was in store for. So we did ballet today and she was so into it. I gave her a star cause she was learning so well and really seemed focused, which for her...is...HUGE. It was a lot of fun to watch. Yesterday we did gymnastics and she learned how to do a summersault without me even helping her. I was helping her sister do a back flip (which they both love to do), and saw from the corner of my eye, Natalie roll over! I was super proud of her...again, this...is...huge! She is very cautious and to see her be a little adventurous was just amazing to me. Hayden of course, is a little too adventurous, but watching her excited and learning some new capabilities was pretty cool to say the least. :) Today I was on the treadmill for an HOUR and even though y'all were playing, Hayden could tell it was longer than usual. I couldn't help it, I really need it to clear my head and get focused. Recently I've been feeling "not myself" and I know exactly what I need to do. I like being in the midst of a hard cardio session just because I feel the fog lifting and my mind clearing as sweat pours down my face and back. I realize I can get really emotional about some things and normally probably over react. And by the time you read this you will know for SURE that your mom is NOT like this. :) tee hee. In all seriousness though, I need to follow my own convictions of being a good person. Yea, I may not be like everyone else, but I also have to remember compassion and freedom to just be who you are which makes our country SO freakin' great. I don't want anyone to feel hate on me, so I shouldn't feel hate on anyone else. It's all about that book I love so much by Ms. Byron Katie, "Loving What Is." No one can hurt you, but YOU. The way you think and project probably has nothing to do with how things really are. The reality of what is can get so clouded by negative thoughts that creep in. I just want you girls to understand that even your "big shot" mama has moments of humility and sometimes I just need to take a step back and realize that life is so beautiful. Friendships and relationships of any kind are so beautiful and I treasure every single one of mine. :) XOXOX! Mom

No comments: