Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Thursday, August 16, 2012

This and that...

I realized after my second child that there is a pro and con situation with when they start talking. Pro...they tell you what they want. Con...they tell you what they want. :) Really it's awesome that Hayden can tell me, "Mommy...I hungee" or "Mommy, huhts" (while pointing at a body part that hurts). Of course she likes to tell on her sister when she isn't getting her way. It's so painful and yet so funny to watch them interact. One minute they are about to go all WWF in the middle of the kitchen. The next minute they are singing and playing "ring around the rosy (which by the way, have you ever paid close attention to the lyrics?? It's kinda sad singing about disease!)." Things can get way out of control fast, but then the seem to calm down almost as fast. Siblings have such a unique relationship. Hot to cold, warm to boiling, etc etc etc. It's been a long hot summer. There have been so many happy and fun memories. I can't wait to write my summer wrap up. Can you tell I'm chomping at the bit?? :) My summer has been extraordinary, I must admit. I really love this DIY/refurb/flip stuff. I can actually sit still and do something well and really learn from it. If I get better, maybe I'll create a separate blog to discuss my projects. Although there are about a million blogs about the same thing, my two cents and my ideas wouldn't hurt anything. :) Natalie is so into Hello Kitty right now. She HAD to have a hello kitty back pack and lunch bag for school. She asked me, "do you think the kids will like it, mom?" I said, "It doesn't matter if everyone likes it or hates it. what matters is that YOU like it. No matter what anyone says, it's cool if you like it." Never too early to try to teach my kiddos to just be and love themselves. School starts in 2 weeks!! I'm excited for you Natalie but also not really ready to have you out of the house in someone else's care for a few hours a week. It's me ripping the bandaid off slowly before kinder. YIKES...that's going to freak my freak. :( Love you both! It's nap time!! XO Mom

No comments: