Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

A message of kindness

I felt the need to blog about a certain topic just so you, my little loves, would know exactly how I feel. Recently there has been some uproar about a specific fast food chain that I always have considered my favorite. Even though I swore off all fast food a long time ago, I still was holding them in high regard for their fries, their service, and a diaper changing table in the bathroom. Natalie you have had a fun adventure or two in your life that included a kids' meal and I think you started loving your lemonade because of this place. So the uproar is about the CEO of this company admitting to giving money to anti-gay organizations and for saying that they do not believe in gay marriage. My heart sunk when I heard this nonsense. I felt like how could a place who used to bring me so much joy (and calories) be so hateful. I keep thinking about how being a mom changed me forever, into what I believe to be an open minded, strong willed person who's heart swells for all those who love deeply. Nothing should matter when it comes to love. Race, age, OR sex. Natalie you told daddy yesterday, "I love mommy so much that I'm going to marry her." Even though it means different things coming from a 4 year old, it still touched my heart in so many ways. I said, 'I'm already married, hunny, but when you find someone you love and loves you....then you marry them." It feels good not to put a label on boy or girl. Fact is, a lot of those people feeding their kids this fast food in their own "protest" don't know for sure if their kids are gay or straight and when you think about the love of your kid...it shouldn't matter in the slightest. In fact, it doesn't matter to me. The only thing that matters to me is that you, my little loves, are happy and full of love and understanding. I want you to understand that people are different all over the world. Mom has freckles, daddy has no hair on his head, and the differences keep coming. Just because someone is different doesn't make them bad, it doesn't make them any less human than you. I want you to always be kind and helpful to everyone, especially those who need it. Right now, I'm doing something that is kind and helpful by boycotting this restaurant and standing up to what I believe to be a bully to someone who is just different than them. No higher power would ever want this to go on. Just because someone wrote something down doesn't make it so. I feel like people should stand by the words they believe in: "do unto others as you would want them to do unto you." To me that statement seems simple and people always seem to forget that. Loving each other is simple. It's the hate and the prejudice that takes so much effort. Love people for who they are because there is someone loving you for who you are. I hope you find the kind path, girls. Sadly it's so rare right now.

No comments: