Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Friday, June 10, 2011

Words and Feelings

I go through so many emotions and feelings throughout the day. Happiness, exhaustion, fear, sadness and just plain feeling overwhelmed. BUT the best outweighs the worst every day no matter how crazy things get. I still go to bed feeling so in love with my babies, so fortunate and so grateful.
I place so much pressure on myself to be THE best mom I can be and so many days I feel like "wow, I was a waste of space today." What's funny is those days I feel less than adequate Natalie and Hayden seem to sense it and want to snuggle or make me smile in any way they can. At the end of the day, I must be doing something right because they both want me around and love me so much.
I get inspired by lots of things, but an inspiring moment that I think I will always keep close to my heart came from my 3 year old. Hayden was laying down on the couch and Natalie leaned in close and said, "my heart is you." I'm not sure where she heard that or where it came from, but it was followed by a kiss and it made MY heart soar. :)
What it showed me was that love is so innocent, so influenced by everyday moments, so unconditional and so so so beautiful.
I think that everyone goes through rough patches in their lives as they adjust to new things that come and go. One thing I want my girls to know is that when you feel love you should show love. Regardless of the outcome, you will always feel good about being true to your heart. Being genuine is the greatest thing you can do for yourself and others.
Mama loves you both, and that's me being me. :)
XO,
Mom

No comments: