Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Friday, May 20, 2011

Life

Life is pretty good. Both girls sleep through the night and that makes me the happiest mommy on the planet! :) Hayden is struggling with a day time nap routine. She did good the first day, but the rest of the week has been a little crazy.
She really prefers to sleep in her "boppy" chair...next to me. :) I can't listen to her cry, like they tell you to, for 30 minutes...I guess cause I know her different cries. I know when she's just whining and when she's really upset. Seems like every time I give in and go up to her room, she has actual tears coming out of her eyes and my heart breaks. :( I'm sure one day she will be ok with taking her naps in her bed but for now we will do what we can to make her comfortable. I don't really care where she sleeps as long as she sleeps!
Two days ago (May 18) she laughed for the first time. Not just a chuckle but a full on laugh. It was SOOOOOOOOO cute...and who made her laugh? Her daddy, of course! I dunno if she laughed at the sunglasses on his head or just his shiny bald head. Either way, she found whatever he was doing, hysterical.

Life is going and going. The girls are growing up so fast! Sometimes I feel like I don't do enough for them. Like I'm not as fun as Natalie wishes I would be, but I try the best I can, only, I think I can try harder. I don't want anything intruding on our family time, especially in the evenings when we are all together. I signed up for a 4 week fitness boot camp but the only way I would do it is if it was in the morning...EARLY morning....cause I didn't want it to encroach on the time we have together. So I started yesterday, and had to get up at ten till 5 am....yikes. It was fun and it's a great way to shake up my fitness. It also allows me get out on my own to work on myself. I'm really proud of me for having the discipline and I HOPE that I can keep it going, for me, for them...for all of us. When I have something to work on for me it makes me a better wife and mother.
Next in line for life's fun times is Natalie's 3rd birthday!! I have picked the invitations, booked the place and am trying to figure out a theme for the cake and decorations. Nat keeps changing her mind so hopefully she'll pick something at least a week before the party. I hope...

One fun thing that Natalie really enjoys is having her toe nails painted. It's something she and I can do together without involving her little sister. She seems to respond happily to stuff without her sister. Jealousy is starting to rear it's ugly head but that's life. Whatever I can do to have alone time with each girl will help them in the long run when they come together. To know that mom loved them each as individuals and as a team. :)
Love you, my girls!
XO,
MOM

No comments: