Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Chocolate chips make the world go 'round...

...I'm certain of it. I can put a "smallish" amount in my hand and as I put each one of them in my mouth, one at a time, I believe they are perfection. The way they melt and hit every single one of your taste buds...it's basically the perfect food. Natalie loves chocolate too and she gives me the most amazing and beautiful look when I hand her 5 chocolate chips of her very own. :) I keep it to a minimum for both of us, mainly because, well lets face it, they are SO perfect because they have sugar in them. :) It sadly gives me an incredible amount of joy, wait.."sadly?" Why do I care if I adore chocolate chips? It all comes back to "what would they think if they knew I ate chocolate today?" WHO CARES! It's SO annoying to have to fight with that pointless question and with that way of thinking every day but I am trying hard to squash it all!! Bottom line is that we have a tongue with many different taste elements for a reason and are meant to enjoy food, so why don't we? It's all fine, in moderation. I love running and working out, I love food oh...and I LOVE my husband! :) Today is the 8 year anniversary of our first date! Aaaah, seems like yesterday...it really does! No matter what chaos is going on at the moment, how tired and/or annoyed I am, I still feel SO lucky that he saw me and thought..."I want to know her." My husband is very subtle with his feelings, I am not. He is extremely reserved, I am not. So you see, we definitely make a great couple. haha...we DO. :) We share so many things in common...that it just fits. Even though we may not even realize some of the things we have in common. My man is so perfect for me and I can sum it up in two words, unconditional love. It would be "shocking" for people who know me to hear that I might not be the easiest person to live with or have a conversation with when I have my defenses up or feel super passionate about something...but it is true. ;) Not everything that comes out of my mouth is perfection (like chocolate chips) but my sweet, patient husband takes it all with a grain of salt and goes with the flow. My good days do swing through most of the time but no matter what kind of day it is, I am always assured that his love will be there always. How lucky am I? :) A true friend who is also in love with me??? Wow! It's still so hard to fathom..even after 8 years. He wrote two beautiful things to me today that sing in my heart, "Eight great years!" and.."I am thankful EVERY day that I asked if I could kiss you." :'-) Every card he gives me makes me cry...not for the words the author wrote, but for the extra time he takes to write his own.
I wish for both of my girls to have a partner like their daddy, who makes their momma SO happy every day.

No comments: