Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Been a while...


We went on vacation so life has been crazy the last couple of weeks. Vacation was interesting. Lets just say it's hard taking a 5 month old baby on a LONG road trip. Schedules are jacked and you just have to keep rolling even though there is crying and interruption of life as we knew it. It is definitely difficult for me cause I am not a very good traveler, even though I really like traveling...how's that for irony? Natalie was a pro, even though it was the worst she's ever behaved in her life, I can't be too mad at her. She was not eating very well, playing a lot more, having to practice her "sharing" skills with her cousins and learning to listen to her mom and dad even though she didn't think she had to. It was a bunch of lessons learned for all of us! It was chaos a few days out of the week, but she had some great moments too. I'm just glad that for the most part she had fun and she did pretty awesome on the way back. She was definitely ready to be back home. Never once did she scoff at waking up at 4am! Maybe it was the chocolate milk I bought her about an hour and a half out of town that helped. ;)

Hayden seemed to be a little timid with the waves. She didn't like that they came crashing up at her feet when I attempted to let her touch her toes down. But she was more than ok in her pea pod tent, listening to the ocean, playing and sleeping. We didn't spend a lot of time on the beach itself. Natalie was complaining of being hot after the third day there, so we had to find other things to do. She loves the sand and transferring it from the beach to the bucket over and over and over....but with Natalie, we have to change things up because she definitely gets bored easily. We took her to a few little towns around our beach house. Eric and I definitely loved hanging out there and Natalie was cool cause she got to try the ice cream. :)
The Zoo and Gulf Aquarium in the area were pretty cool too, so we had to check them out---we all love animals. Nat had so much fun and you know...so did Hayden! I strapped her into the Bjorn for both visits and she loved looking at the animals! The zoo was great until I took her out of the Bjorn when we were leaving. She threw up several times and I think it had to do with being jostled around. Poor honey bunny. :( She fell asleep in her car seat before I could even finish strapping her in and ended up being just fine.

All in all it was a great trip. The ride home was kinda rough in the last leg. It took us 13 hours and by 10 hours in the girls started getting restless. Hayden has HATED being in her car seat the last few days while we were just running short errands. She's SO over it. She slipped back into her napping routine the day after we got back and has had minimal problems. Looks like she might be back to sleeping till past 8am too! It wasn't fun having both girls in our room on vacation. The sun comes up earlier there cause it's right on the cusp of Eastern time zone. SOOOOOO...Hayden woke up during the 5 o'clock hour almost every morning. Toward the end she waited till 6-something. So it's nice to have them back to normal!

Now I am back to getting my house clean and in order and getting back on our routine. I ran a few times on the beach which was pretty hard....wondering how my run will go today. I skipped bootcamp because I've been exhausted for DAYS and last night I didn't have the energy to even THINK about that early morning workout. I promised Eric I would go on Thursday, I hope that I will feel better and more energized by then.

This was kind of a boring post, but now you are up to date!
Today I am trying banana puree with Hayden. She loves all her cereals so I'm banking on the fact that she will dig the nanners. Also on my list is to look up new projects for Fall! Can't wait for football, cooler weather and decorations!


No comments: