Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I stress, therefore, I am...

Ever feel like you have to apologize or feel guilty for being who you are? I can't help the fact that my main concern EVERY day is my girls. Did they sleep well? Were they comfortable? Are these jammies TOO tight? Did she poop today?? Yea...THOSE are the thoughts that run through my mind every day of my life and I'm OK with that....REALLY. I lived the single life, I sewed my oats and whereas I would like to hang with adult friends on occasion for a little break, I will STILL be thinking about my girls' comfort and happiness. I hear on a constant basis, "you should do this" or "you should do...that" and I am NOT unhappy with my life. If I want to go do something, I do. The worst thing anyone can tell me is how I should take a break...that straight ticks me off. I know that I am a great mom...far be it from perfect, a GREAT mom. I see it when I act goofy and my girls' eyes light up. Even when I just go in their rooms in the morning, they are SO happy to see me. :) They are my special little people who don't judge me, just love me and no one else on the planet is the way they are. So all of my stress, worry and concern is warranted. I've done so much in my life, I've traveled, I've partied, I've sat in complete silence (which was my favorite), I've had great jobs, but the absolute best thing I've ever done was consume my life with a husband and two beautiful babies. I love it....it's hard and wonderful...I love it.

1 comment:

ddkingisme said...

U R right on...it is the best...I miss it, so much.