Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Friday, November 4, 2011

Chocolate Muffins!




So in celebration of Miss Hayden's 8 month birthday today, I decided to make chocolate muffins! I feel bad that she can't have any yet...but by the time she does, my recipe will be perfected. This is a basic muffin recipe that I use but then I add my special ingredients to make them my own! If you want a yummy, fluffy muffin with a nice semi-crunchy top...give these a try! Low fat...decently low sugar and SUPER chocolatey! Family approved!

Chocolate Muffins (Low-Fat)
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups Flour
1/4 cup sifted baking Cocoa
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/3 cup Sugar
1/8 tsp Cinnamon
1/8 tsp Salt
1 beaten Egg
1 tsp Vanilla
3/4 cup 1% Milk
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips

Directions:
Heat the oven to 385. Grease a muffin tin. Mix dry ingredients together in one bowl. In a different bowl mix together the beaten egg, milk, vanilla and oil. Pour all at once into the dry mixture. Stir together until just moistened. Fold in the chocolate chips. Fill 7-8 of the muffin cups in your pan. It makes medium sized muffins. Or you could use a mini muffin tin for smaller bite sized muffins.

Bake for 17-20 minutes. Judge by your own oven's temperature.
Yields about 8 muffins.
ENJOY!

No comments: