Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Perfect Day



I couldn't have planned a better day than my family and I had yesterday. Literally could not sit down and write it out any better.
We started off with going on the metro rail to downtown Austin. My husband and I have been trying to plan out more activities for the girls to do and thought Natalie would enjoy the Children's Museum. She had been there once before when she was about 15 months old, but this experience was MUCH better. It's more fun with her walking and talking. Hayden got to play with a few things too, so that was a bonus. It was pretty crowded so we spent about an hour there and walked over to get lunch. We had hot dogs at a place called Frank which I'm pretty sure is sitting in an old club I used to frequent...a LONG time ago. ;) and :( After lunch we walked back to the train station and rode it back to our car. I couldn't have asked for my girls to behave any better. No melt downs. No fits. NOTHING. Natalie did fall a couple of times, but she was ok and kept on going. When we got home they both went right down for naps and slept a couple hours. After they got up we went to eat pizza with Grampa and headed to the hockey game. Natalie kept telling me she was tired and wanted to go "home to sleep." haha...a mother's DREAM! But we stayed 2 periods and the Stars got a goal with 2 minutes left in the 2nd! It was exciting! Hayden and Natalie didn't mind the loud music and noises (even though we blocked Hayden's a little). Nat was kinda getting into it but was ready to go home. It was just a really awesome day. One of those days you wish you could repeat over and over. Although, hubs and I were super tired too! ha! :) We both fell asleep quick.
I just love watching you girls excited and happy. Exploring all the new things and faces in your environment. It's completely amazing to see you both learning and soaking things up like little sponges. You both have similar but different personalities. You both loved the train ride. Hayden, you laughed and played during both rides. Natalie, you looked out the window and talked to Daddy and when it was time to get off and go to our car, you said.. "Mommy? can we go on the train next year?" :) SO sweet! Of course I told you YES!! That's your new thing, saying "last year" or "next year." LOVE. :) Nat you waved bye bye to the train and said "see you next time, train!" :) again...LOVE.




You both have done so well today too! We are on a roll! Hoping that the cowboys don't lose tomorrow and ruin our "perfect" weekend!

Thank you for being testy and difficult and happy and joyful and SO MUCH FUN. Did that sound weird? Well, if it weren't for the former I wouldn't appreciate the ladder sooo much! :) I love you both for all that you are. You are a crazy mix of me and of Daddy that I completely adore. I can't wait for our next adventure! Christmas activities...here we come!

Now, onto making cookies! LOVE YOU!!
XO
MOm

No comments: