Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I got Daddy to eat a veggie!


As you girls probably know, your dad is anti-veg. It's sad, I know. I've been wishing for change for a looooong time. Well, yesterday I was writing a recipe and decided to try it out. I made 7 cookies and froze the rest of the dough. The recipe was a chocolate chip type but it was made with half the butter and half the sugar as typical recipes. I decided that I wanted a soft cookie and wanted to see what pumpkin puree would do. Fingers crossed, they went into the oven. When they came out they were tinged orange, of course but not enough for anyone to notice. They were yummy! VERY soft. That combined with chocolate and white chocolate chips I came up with a great cookie I named "Half and Half." I asked Daddy to try them and he liked them! He couldn't pic out the "secret ingredient"...and you really can't taste the pumpkin at all! I told him, "it's good that I just got a veggie into you"...and he just looked at me as I smirked with joy. :) He had one later on after dinner too. He said they were like muffins...but it's only cause they are super soft. Maybe if I had less flour, it would be crunchier. So, Natalie...you LOVED them. After your nap I took one up to you to taste and watching your face and the way you snatched it from my hand was priceless. I so love watching you enjoy food that I make. It's weird maybe, but I LOVE food and put so much care into it so it warms my heart to make you happy. I hope that this recipe, along with other successful ones I write will stay in our family a long time. I'm still waiting for the shoe to drop and to have something come out completely wrong...but at least that will be a funny story to tell in the future as well. :)


Today we are getting a cold snap and Natalie and Hayden...you both love the cooler weather! You both smile and get excited when it's chilly out. Friday we are all going to hop on the the metro train and head to Austin to go to the Children's Museum and then have lunch and go on a family adventure. Daddy and I haven't ridden the train yet, so it will be fun for us all! Can't wait!

Loves you!

No comments: