Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Friday, February 17, 2012

Cause and Effect

I'm sitting here watching Hayden play and she is putting a small object into the hole of her sister's desk and watching it fall through. Over and over and over.... :) Two days ago she started standing up from the middle of the floor, unassisted! We also started holding her hands so she can walk and she goes so fast, I'm worried she's not really understanding and paying attention to her balance. :/ BUT, I guess she will figure it out! We got out Natalie's big rocking horse yesterday and Hayden didn't know what to think about it! It is like a big stuffed animal, so she has been slowly getting used to it. She rode it a couple of times happily with her little closed-mouth grin, but was ready to get off not too soon after she got on. Hayden is sort of the nurturer of the two. I thought Natalie would be, but she only does it when it's fun to her. Hayden shares her food with everyone. She "talks" to her sister when she gets hurt and cries. In the bath, she tries to wash her. It's so cute, and all probably just copy-catting mommy, but it's still nurturing to me. :) Hayden is sort of a quiet soul, with a bit of a wild side. She will voice her opinion...LOUDLY, but for the most part she is very independent and quiet. She loves to "pop" her shoulder and swing her hips while dancing. I swear she is going to throw out a hip! It's wild. I love it. Natalie is starting to get her independence, but she definitely still needs her mommy. :) She was cleaning up her toys and books in her play room and said, "UUUUGH, I'm tired!" (wasn't too tired when she was making the mess!)...then she took a "break" and I had to tell her again to finish cleaning up so we could go eat lunch, "I think you can do it, Mommy"...WHAT?! Yea, that didn't go over well. Let's just say she finished it up in a hurry. Sunday I am participating in the Austin Half Marathon. I'm anxious and ready for it to be OVER. I've been focusing too much of my energy on it. Mostly just the stress part. I haven't trained as well as I should have so we will see how it goes! I always have extra energy during those "races." I was going to take my whole family, but it's too early in the morning and will be a little too long for them to just hang around. :( I really want to see their faces at the finish line but I can't make them go. There will be plenty of hugs when I get home! :) Ok, girls...movie morning! It's rainy and chilly and perfect for The Little Mermaid which Natalie has never seen before! Here we go! Love you!! XO Mom

No comments: