Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

So....ok....

....crazy week. We are still trying to get used to the time change...STILL. Last night a huge storm moved through the area and thundered and rained for a good 5 hours! Between 1am and 6am I was continuously awoken..>BOOM!< AWESOME. :( My girls, I know had to have been effected by it, even though neither one called out. Natalie said she definitely heard it, and by the way Hayden is acting today, I'd say she heard it too. SHE...IS..GRUMPY. Yikes. :( Clingy and wants to be carried constantly. It's such a hard day when that is the mood dujour. (insert deeeeeep sigh here). Anyway, I have a lot to get done this week for our trip to see my nieces' birthday party! Super excited to see my family. :) I love joking around with my bro and sis-in-law and watching all of the cousins interacting with each other. :) I could stare for hours at happy children playing. I'm hoping that Natalie takes some lessons she's learned lately with her and use her "nice girl" on her cousins...HOPING. Speaking of lessons, yesterday was rough for us. Natalie learned she could "hoard" and hide her favorite toys/friends from her sister. We are talking hiding under couch pillows and then jumping on them like a cat hiding her mouse! Finally I had had enough and told her those "favorites" of hers were all going back into her room and if she didn't want to share, she couldn't bring them downstairs for the day anymore. I left one down, but she screamed and cried as I carried the rest of her little "group" up the stairs. I think she FINALLY got the message that I meant business. Her whole attitude changed. We played games and went outside for bubbles and sand time. She was as sweet as pie and very helpful the rest of the day. I know it's all an adjustment period now that Hayden can walk, grab and speak. Life is super crazy. Natalie was always and has always been my quiet child, easily entertained, could play by herself and read books...very visual. Hayden needs rough housing! Constant playing and even though she does love books as well, she's a feeler, a toucher. That's how she learns stuff. She's an extremely fast learner. Saying book, ball, quack and shhhhhhhhh for shoes. :) We watch Peppa pig and when she sees her, "peppa!" and points. Did I say fast learner? That may have been an understatement! ha! Here is a cute picture of her newly sprouted hair. It's like a mohawk! Cuteness + hilarity= Hayden. ;)

No comments: