Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Bond

I woke up this morning thinking of a special connection moms and their daughters have. Natalie and Hayden both look at me with such admiration even on their bad days and I feel that same admiration for them. Seems like no matter what is going in on in life you can't deny the bond if you have ever had even a thread of it connecting you to someone. I have friends that I don't see every day, every week or even every 6 months but I know we are TRUE friends because we can always pick up where we left off. That's the same with everyone you hold dear to your heart. It doesn't matter what separates you, it's all about how you come back together when you can. Never holding judgement or resentment means real love, real unconditional love.
I'm embarrassed to say but feel the need to get it out there that I have been impressionable too many times in my life, times when I come dangerously close to losing my own opinions, my own thoughts...all the things that make up my identity. My inevitable breaking point, the point when I realize what I'm doing is wrong, is when I start to feel sick to my stomach. SO much negativity and just letting stupid crap get to me really suffocates me. I owe it to my daughters, and to our bond, to be ME. To be the person I am proud of in my mind. This person I know is creative, witty, somewhat intelligent ;) and beautiful. Comparing myself to others on a constant basis, wondering what they think of me and if they accept me is ludicrous. Who gives a good GD what anyone but the people who love me think of me? Obviously they love me as a whole and most likely for all the things that I love about myself.
To our bond, Natalie and Hayden, and to the bond I share with my mom...may they all keep us close and happy and truly connected.

No comments: