Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Morning Reflection...and Coffee

Taking this opportunity to blog while my girls are asleep. I'm so over trying to type with one hand while feeding, doing a puzzle, or peeling a banana.

I had a rough night of NON-sleep last night. I'm not sure if it was a late dinner (protein shake) or what, but it was not good. Could be a combination of the dumb idea to eat an hour before bed (we were at a baseball game and I didn't want to eat junk) and stuff that was on my mind.

I was thinking about how I hope I'm never the type of parent who gets so wrapped up in themselves that they don't seem to have much interest in their child. It's really important to maintain your own identity, to do things for yourself, but as your child grows, I think people lose sight of the fact that the interest needs to remain. Maybe it's because some parents just forget to live in the moment and really soak up the experiences they have with their kids. Things seem to always look better in the future to some. Another theory is that some parents struggle with finding their own identity and just forget about their "little people" even when they are grown.
I made a vow to myself to always tell my girls how proud I am of them, to be interested in their daily lives and make sure they know that they have my support. I never want them to struggle to understand why I am the way that I am and just feel confident that I have their backs no matter what the situation. There is so much in life to stress about, the last thing they need is to question whether or not their parents really care about them over their own self.

I hear my baby crying and know that it's time to set my coffee aside to get cold, and I really don't mind. My need right now is to bask in the love and contentment of my girls and just forget the crappy night. With them comes a fresh start, a new day...and real unconditional love.

No comments: