Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Friday, July 22, 2011

I sometimes feel weird for being who I am. I guess I think I'm not the norm. Isn't that good though? We are all supposed to be different, otherwise life would be so boring. I don't believe in SO many things the people closest to me do. I am an overprotective mother who survives on a good napping schedule. There are some things that effect the way I think but there are other things that are just built in and I'm ok with that. So why do I feel "weird" sometimes? I think that all my life I've wanted to fit in. I wanted to be like people who were perceived to be "cool" or "popular"...young and old alike. Never discovering my own identity. Here's the simple truth...I like myself. I like looking in the mirror because I feel like sometimes I see a pretty woman. Having moments like that all throughout my life should have constituted me having a healthy self esteem...but it didn't. Anytime I stand next to someone who I think is probably judging me, I feel less confident and like an ugly duckling....SO ridiculous...but something that I just can't seem to get past. I really, really have to work on facing the fear of standing next to someone looking at my reflection next to theirs and realizing we are different and no matter who is standing there, Fiona the Ogre or Jessica Biel....I am still beautiful in my own way. I have to learn this for the sake of my daughters. They must be confident within themselves.....because their mom is.

No comments: