Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

New words and learning contexts

Natalie has been surprising me lately with all these new words. She said when I took her to "potty,"..."THIS is a bathroom. THIS is a toilet. Wow, I like your artwork...you make that? It's a masterpiece!" Really? REALLY?? haha...it's pure hilarity. :) Every day I stare at her...soaking her up like a sponge, and every day she seems to change. I don't know how it's possible to watch your child grow up without wanting to scream at the top of your lungs, "SLOW DOWN!!" I get that they have to...ok? I GET IT. But I don't have to like it. I mean I like it, but I don't. Ok, now that I've made my feelings clear (as mud), I digress. I was just telling my husband how I wish Natalie could stay 3 forever...I mean that wouldn't be SO bad, right? I don't think I could get sick of the cuteness that radiates from her on a daily basis. Yeah, there are plenty of W-T-H! moments....but too many adorable ones that seem to just cancel out the not-so-good ones. I know that I have to let go of my selfish wishes because inevitably, I have no choice.

Natalie has become part of Hayden's night time routine, even though they coincide. As soon as Natalie is ready for jammies and Hayden her bottle, it's time for the "Naked Natalie Show!" As Hayden eagerly watches from her perch (in mommy's arms) Natalie runs into the room and shakes her booty and jumps around. Hayden is delighted by the show and laughs hysterically at her sister. It's just the best time of day for me. Not only are they about to go to bed for the night :) but I am also watching two sisters bond through laughter and love. I love you two so much even on days like today when you are crank pots and are determined to have your way.....I love you, yes I do...I love you. :)

No comments: