Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Is clumsiness hereditary?

My pooooor Natalie!! She is always bumping into things or falling. I don't know how to prevent it...but I have a feeling it's hereditary. I'm good at finding a wall with my toe or my hip..yea..HIP. :( So she must get some of that from me. She fell on her knee while we were walking the cross walk, scraped her knee with a huge bruise. She was more worried about her doll, Rudolph than she was of herself! Then we get home and she is running around chasing Hayden in her walker...with her socks on. She slipped and fell hard on her face. I really thought she busted a tooth or her nose with all the blood. :( It was her gums that were bleeding and one particular tooth. We think it's all ok, but I was just panicked. Worried that her tooth would fall out, how that would be at the dentist....I just panicked so much that I almost passed out! But I kept it all inside while I calmly tried to get her to stop crying. Being a mom is SO hard. I wish that I didn't have to look into those big green eyes filled with so much pain...wanting her mommy to just take it all away. All I could do was look at her and hold her. I put on Toy Story 3vand made her mac-n-cheese and a side of applesauce...all her favorites. She said, after a while, "mom! I'm feeling better!" If I can't take it away, I sure as hell know how to side track the pain with some real love while it heals. :)

On a lighter note....the girls had so much fun at the swings today! It was Hayden's first time! At first she didn't want anything to do with it, but she saw her sister and I started pushing her and she was golden. :) She was kicking her legs and enjoying it so much.


UPDATE: Wrote this yesterday, so I'm happy to report that as of this morning, Natalie's gums are still black and blue but the swelling has gone down considerably and she says it feels a LOT better. And the tooth is just fine. THANK GOODNESS! :)

No comments: