Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

"This is how they do it in China"

Last night when I was helping Natalie brush her teeth, she said, "this is how they do it in China, mommy." She stepped off of her step and then stepped back on. Not sure what that meant...but ok. ;) Then she gave me a "jibberish" word and said that they say that in China. O...K. :) The quirkiness of a 3 year old is priceless.

I felt like yesterday was a "good mom" day. I haven't had too many of those lately, so I'm happy to have felt so great about the day I planned for my girls. First, we had a dance party but Natalie was a little jealous of her sister because I was dancing while holding Hayden and Natalie wanted me to be down on her level...so I tried to spread it out without getting attacked! After the party we painted, well Nat painted and Hayden had her snack and watched. Natalie is so great at painting! She's a budding artist.

After painting we went on a 30 minute walk through the neighborhood, and Natalie walked the whole way! I was so proud of her for keeping up. She had to have a "juice" break half way, but she did so great. I am making it my mission to give her a decent amount of exercise a few times every week and she really enjoys it! After our walk we went to the park and she ran around up and down the slide and even tried the monkey bars and pulled up on her own a couple of times! I was so proud cause she's not that adventurous of a child when it comes to that kind of play, which is perfectly fine...that's just not who she is. I think so much time outside yesterday might have been a bit much considering she woke up this morning with congestion and a sore throat. Boo. :( She is tucked in on the couch...my poor hunny bunny. Feel bad for Hayden cause she's like "ok, get down and play with me sister!"

Hayden had a bit of a grumpy day yesterday. I'm sure it's teething AGAIN cause she is so tired and not sure what she wants. Usually I can satisfy her with something, but she's just not having it. This morning she seems ok, we'll see how things go! I need to find a good moisturizer for her face....her nose seems to always have dry patches. :(


So Natalie, I hope that a mini dance party in a little while will cheer you up....oh and mommy's mini muffins might help too! :) I loves you and your lil sis too! :)

XO,
Mom

No comments: