Welcome to my crazy, happy, wonderful, crazy, magical, fantastic, crazy, unbelievable life.
I hope you find it as fantastic as I do!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Natalie's First Time at the Dentist

Well....I'd like to report that it was a big success....which is what I THOUGHT was going to be the case originally, but it wasn't so great. :( She was all excited after reading a Dora dentist story, and cool when we got there, but as soon as she had to lay down under that big round light she FREAKED OUT! I shouldn't say it was terrible, because all she did was cry out of fear. The dental assistant was SO great with her. She got to sit up while I held her and get her teeth brushed and flossed. She whimpered the entire time, but did talk about her favorite toys and what she would pick out of the prize jar. He even brushed her Rudolph doll's teeth. The exam by the dentist was interesting considering I had to hold her bottom half on my lap while the doctor held her head in her lap...yea. So they took x-rays which Natalie was better out but didn't like holding the film in her mouth! man. So it turns out that the tooth she fell on a few weeks ago is receding. The root itself is letting go so she will most likely lose it early and be a jack-o-lantern for a while. :( I hope she doesn't lose it too soon. As a child who lost her permanent tooth at age 11, and had to have a big fat replacement...I know how awful it can be to be "different" for a while. :( Anyway...she's super young and I should be happy that it's only a baby tooth, right?
So anyway, we were all done and on our way out the door when Natalie yells....."I want to be a DENTIST!!" pfff....nice. After ALL that crying and sweating...she was loving it. Really? Kids are hilarious. I love you my sweet! I wish that it hadn't been so scary for you, but you made it through! NO CAVITIES!! :) XO Mom

No comments: